- The way people travel has changed over the years due to advances in technology: cars, roads, buses, aeroplanes.
- Aeroplanes were invented in 1902 by the Wright brothers (Wilbur and Orville).
- More people now go abroad for their holidays because of advances in travel.
Aeroplanes & Travel: Amelia Earhart
- Amelia Earhart broke many flying records: She was the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean by herself; she broke the women’s altitude record.
- Amelia Earhart explored different parts of the world in an aeroplane: Europe, Asia, America.
- The aeroplane had not long been invented when Amelia Earhart broke her first flying record in 1932.
- In the past, boats and trains were more common uses of transport.