- Anglo-Saxons first tried to invade Britain in the 4th century but the Romans stopped them.
- In 450 AD, the Ancient Romans left Britain so the Anglo Saxons crossed the North Sea in wooden boats and settled in Britain. Anglo-Saxons came from Germany, Denmark and the Netherlands.
- Many Anglo-Saxons were farmers so they came to Britain in search of better farmland.
- How Anglo-Saxons have influenced our lives: days of the week we use come from Anglo-Saxon times, Norwich and Birmingham named after Anglo-Saxon settlements and many of our Christmas traditions come from the Anglo-Saxons.
- Key questions: Why did the Romans invade Britain? (links to Year 4) Why did the Anglo-Saxons invade Britain? Why did the Vikings invade Britain?