- Percy Fawcett was a British soldier, geographer, archaeologist, and explorer of South America.
- During an expedition to find an ancient lost city called Z, he disappeared in the Amazon.
- He explored the Amazon rainforest and developed the history of maps of the Rainforest in Brazil and Bolivia.
- Percy Fawcett found remains of ancient pottery on the jungle floor leading him to conclude that civilizations had lived there.
- Percy Fawcett disappeared in the jungle in 1925 and was never discovered.
There has been significant impact to the planet during Sir David Attenborough’s lifetime due to Global Warming.