“Play is the highest form of research.” Albert Einstein
Welcome to Foundation Stage 2 (Reception)
FS2 Class Teacher, Design & Technology Coordinator, Computing Coordinator, Burn2Learn Coordinator, Paediatric First Aider
FS2 Teaching Assistant, Lunchtime Supervisor, Paediatric First Aider
FS2 Prayer Table
Autumn 1 Newsletter
Autumn 2 Newsletter
Spring 1 Newsletter
Spring 2 Newsletter
Academic Year 2019/20
Welcome to FS2. We hope you have had a lovely summer and are as excited as we are to start the school year! Please keep checking this page for regular updates on all the exciting things we have been getting up to.
In Foundation 2 we follow the EYFS curriculum that is underpinned by four key themes.
- 1. Every Child is Unique. We cater for every child’s individual needs, teaching them at their level. By doing this we enable all children to be challenged and make good progress in their learning and development. In turn this creates resilient, confident and capable learners.
- 2. Positive Relationships. We focus on children developing positive relationships with their peers and adults in school in order for children to learn to be strong and independent.
3. Enabling Environments. We believe that children learn and develop best when the environment reflects them and responds appropriately to their needs. We do this by putting the children at the centre of teaching and learning through them choosing the topic for each half term based upon their interests. We also change and adapt the setting and planning daily based upon children’s responses to teaching and learning. To do this effectively we also develop strong partnerships with Parents/ Carers.
4. Learning and Development. We ensure that we adopt the key characteristics of effective learning to ensure children’s success.
These are: playing and exploring, active learning, creating and thinking critically.
To do this effectively across the year we continuously:
Observe- Looking, listening and making notes
Assess– Analysing observations and deciding on the next steps.
Plan– New experiences and opportunities, setting up learning environments and selecting appropriate resources
Within the EYFS curriculum there are three prime and four specific areas of learning, that planning and assessment is based upon.
• Personal, Social and Emotional Development
• Communication and Language
• Physical Development
• Understanding the World
• Expressive Arts and Design
If you would like any more information on the EYFS curriculum please do not hesitate to ask.