Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we have been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. – Barack Obama
Welcome to our School Council page. We are looking forward to having a successful year, working hard on lots of different projects across school and representing the viewpoints of our classmates. Please check in regularly to get an update of what we have been up to!
School Council Consultation
The School Council looks to the school’s Mission Statement for its values.
The School Council is about:
- Learning to work together
- Learning about democracy
- Learning how to play a positive role in our Community
The School Council’s job is to involve everyone:
- Providing a link between children and adults working in school
- Finding out about things children want to change
- Coming up with ways to make things better
- Putting those ideas into action
- Seeing what works (evaluating)
As part of one of our initial training activities we worked on writing our School Council Constitution ~ this sets out how we want to act as a School Council and how we will operate during the year.
HOUSES OF PARLIAMENT TRIP
The School Council were lucky enough to have a trip to London to visit the Houses of Parliament.
We had an early start from York train station catching the 8.02am to King’s Cross, London. The train journey was fun and we arrived at 10am excited and ready for the adventure ahead.