Welcome to Foundation Stage 2 (Reception)
“Play is the highest form of research.” – Albert Einstein
FS2 Class Teacher, Design & Technology Coordinator, Computing Coordinator, Burn2Learn Coordinator, Paediatric First Aider
Teaching Assistant & Lunchtime Supervisor, Mini Vinnie Coordinator
Foundation Stage Teaching Assistant
FS2 Prayer Table
FS2 Curriculum NewslettersAutumn 1 FS2 Newsletter Autumn 2 FS2 Newsletter Spring 1 FS2 Newsletter Spring 2 FS2 Newsletter Summer 1 FS2 Newsletter Summer 2 FS2 Newsletter
FS2 Half Term OverviewsAutumn 1 Superheroes Autumn 2 Under the sea Spring 1 Space Spring 2 Dinosaurs Summer 1 Traditional Tales Summer 2 Alternative Tales
Academic Year 2020/21
Welcome to FS2. We hope you have had a lovely summer and are as excited as we are to start the school year! Please keep checking this page for regular updates on all the exciting things we have been getting up to.
In Foundation 2 we follow the EYFS curriculum that is underpinned by four key themes.
- 1. Every Child is Unique. We cater for every child’s individual needs, teaching them at their level. By doing this we enable all children to be challenged and make good progress in their learning and development. In turn this creates resilient, confident and capable learners.
- 2. Positive Relationships. We focus on children developing positive relationships with their peers and adults in school in order for children to learn to be strong and independent.
3. Enabling Environments. We believe that children learn and develop best when the environment reflects them and responds appropriately to their needs. We do this by putting the children at the centre of teaching and learning through them choosing the topic for each half term based upon their interests. We also change and adapt the setting and planning daily based upon children’s responses to teaching and learning. To do this effectively we also develop strong partnerships with Parents/ Carers.
4. Learning and Development. We ensure that we adopt the key characteristics of effective learning to ensure children’s success.
These are: playing and exploring, active learning, creating and thinking critically.
To do this effectively across the year we continuously:
Observe- Looking, listening and making notes
Assess– Analysing observations and deciding on the next steps.
Plan– New experiences and opportunities, setting up learning environments and selecting appropriate resources
Within the EYFS curriculum there are three prime and four specific areas of learning, that planning and assessment is based upon.
• Personal, Social and Emotional Development
• Communication and Language
• Physical Development
• Understanding the World
• Expressive Arts and Design
If you would like any more information on the EYFS curriculum please do not hesitate to ask.
At St Joseph’s, we are so grateful for the invaluable support that our parents and carers provide for our pupils. We know how well our families have been able to adapt to home learning so now that we can welcome all of our pupils back to school, we wanted to provide opportunities for our pupils to continue their learning at home, if they choose to. The homework given will prepare and support your child’s learning across the curriculum each half term. The homework tasks below are optional. If you would also like to read our homework policy, please follow the link below.Homework Policy 2020-22
To help you with your learning this half term, here are some optional homework tasks and resources/activities for you to complete. I can’t wait to see your work that you complete at home!FS2 Autumn 2 Homework Grid
Welcome back! To help you with your learning this half term, here are some optional homework tasks and resources/activities for you to complete. I look forward to seeing your learning on Tapestry on in your homework books.FS2 Spring 1 Homework Grid
Welcome to Spring 2. We hope you have had a lovely half term break with your families. Once we return to school on Monday 8th March please refer to the optional homework grid below. We look forward to seeing your learning on Tapestry!Homework Grid Sp2 Dinosaurs
Welcome back to Summer 1! We hope you have had a fantastic Easter break. To help you with your learning this half term, here are some optional homework tasks and resources/activities for you to complete. I look forward to seeing your learning on Tapestry on in your homework books.Homework Grid Su1 Traditional Tales